Tuesday, March 8

Life Update

I've been reading a lot of YA recently. I don't know why. I just tend to go through stages of preferring one thing or another, so right now is a YA stage. Which is good, since I'd been in an adult stage before this one, so my YA TBR books have piled up. Also, I've gotten a little smarter about spending money on books and have utilized my local library to its fullest extent (i.e., I have ten library books currently checked out with an approaching collective due date).

Right now, I'm reading Sleepless by Cyn Balog (the first book of hers I've read). I just finished The Red Glove by Holly Black, which managed to overcome the second book in a series rage trend. After Sleepless, I think I'm going to read Finnkin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta (another first book of an author) and get rid of some of my ARCs by reading The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown.

Besides reading, I'm trying to find a new job. I'm in a post-interview slump, having not gotten a job I really wanted. This sucks. The whole job search, resume posting, interview taking thing sucks.

Also, my parents are getting divorced.

I haven't really told anyone that, besides the boyfriend. But he doesn't really count since he was sitting next to me when my parents slapped me with the news.

I don't know how to act around them anymore. I'm angry with my dad for being the instigator and I'm sympathetic toward my mom for being forced on her own after having a family around her for so long, but there's only so many calls or texts I can take from them both before I stop responding altogether.

Plus, the boyfriend is shipping off to Afghanistan for his second tour with the military. It's only for three months, but that might turn into longer. Everything's all up in the air about where we're going to live when he gets back and if I'll have a different job by then, and several hundred other little things.

So basically, with so much change in my life, I've escaped into books. You could say it's the only thing keeping me sane at the moment.

Maybe that's why I'm stuck on YA. Life is so much simpler when you're a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment